Sunday 19 January 2014

Who doesn't want Disney Princess eyes? - Mascara Review





Now I have always been lucky enough to have gorgeously long eyelashes since I was little, but that doesn't mean I don't want to make them even better. Though wearing glasses hides the fabulousness of the lashes.
My eyes have always been very small indeed so I need the extra volume to compensate.

I've taken a look at two of my favourite mascaras Avon Infinitize and Loreal Miss Manga. Both are fabulous for giving you that little bit of OOMPH!


 First off lets have a look at Avon's answer for luscious, longer lashes! The Infinitize mascara was the first mascara I ever brought and I have never found one that does the job this well until I came across Loreal's Miss Manga, but more on that later.

I didn't want black lashes first off so I opted for the Brown/Black it did originally say that lashes are a certain percentage bigger once the mascara is applied, but for the life of me I can't find out what the exact number was now. Its likely someone proved Avon wrong and they took it away.

The Mascara is amazing though, The sheer volume even with my glasses is noticeable.

The gorgeous brush curves and shapes lashes for up to 24 hours.

I never knew that wiggling the brush helps to apply mascara, like I mentioned in the previous post, I am very self taught and still a Make Up Newbie.

If you start at the base and wiggle the lashes, you get instant flutteryness! (It's a word!)

I don't regret purchasing this at all! Occasionally the RRP is £10 but with Avon, you never know. Currently in Campaign 4 it's a bargain at £5!


Loreal hit back at Avon with their advertising of Miss Manga! It comes in multiple shades of Turquoise, Violet and Black.

I'd be lying if I said the name wasn't a big selling point for me! Being a geek I love Anime, Manga and being a Disney fan at heart I have always wanted Ariel's eyes.

It took some convincing, the cute Panda did sway me a bit I'll be honest.

The brush is fully flexible. Which is great for getting the bottom lashes which can be very difficult to do.

The Manga does suggest making zig zag movements with the lashes to clump them together, though I do prefer the flutteryness effect which does also work well with the Miss Manga though it tends to clump the lashes together in a more Anime effect I guess.

The Manga does often leave clumps of mascara on the lashes and does feel very thick with two coats.
 The Infinitize feels much less messy and it appears to give the lashes a much fuller effect.
I managed to get it for £5.99 from Superdrug, saving £3 from the RRP of £8.99 Boots had it for the same price so I took it as a sign.

It's a tough act to follow I must admit but the Infinitize had set the standard for all mascaras for me as it was the first one I purchased. The brush is amazing and its so subtle. It;s definitely a clear winner! Though saying that, Miss Manga is definitely better than your average mascara but does become very messy sadly. But that's not to say don't purchase it, I'd definitely use it again, the messyness isn't enough to put me off altogether, I blame the Panda!



No comments:

Post a Comment